Win great prizes after each 24 Hours of PASS Session in the “#SQLDenali / #24HOP Challenge!”
We are very excited about the 24 Hours of PASS: Summit Preview event and want to give all of you the opportunity to win free SQL Server gifts by answering questions we will ask in the “#SQLDenali / #24HOP Challenge” being held on the @SQLServer Twitter account at the end of each 24 Hours of PASS Session (about 55-59 minutes after each hour).
We will send a tweet out five minutes before each question to give you time to be ready. Each contest question will be related to the session that you have just finished watching.
Be sure to read the full contest rules below to participate. Here is a quick reference guide on how to get involved:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of SQL Server at @SQLServer.
- From your account, as you see the question sent from @SQLServer, send a reply to @SQLServer and include your answer to the posted question
- Your tweet must contain both the #sqldenali & #24hop hashtags to be eligible for entr
- Your tweet with the answer must include the complete/full name of the product (e.g. “Master Data Services” or “StreamInsight”) to qualify. Incomplete and/or abbreviated answers like “MDS” or “SQL R2” will be disqualified.
- The first person to correctly tweet a correct reply will win the prize described below.
- Limit of one prize per person or Twitter account for the duration of the Challenge.
- Some examples of the gifts being given away can be viewed here!
Meet the Engineers of SQL Server Code Name “Denali” and ask them the hard questions
Ever wanted to know the answer to the unanswerable question? Wondered why we choose to develop a feature a certain way? Or you simply want to get ahead of the rest by understanding the details behind the new features coming in SQL Server Code Name “Denali”?
Then join us for a chat discussion with the engineers of SQL Server who are working hard on the next version of SQL Server.
Presented by: SQL Server Engineering Team
Links for each live chat session:
Sept. 07, 2011 – 5-6pm PST: https://swrt.worktankseattle.com/webcast/7130/preview.aspx
Sept. 08, 2011 – 5-6pm PST: https://swrt.worktankseattle.com/webcast/7131/preview.aspx
#24HOP / #SQLDENALI CHALLENGE – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how #24HOP / #SQLDenali Challenge (“Challenge”) promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Challenge” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Challenge. “You” refers to an eligible Challenge entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Challenge starts at 8:00 a.m. ET on Sept 7, 2011 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET on Sept 8, 2011 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of 24 separate Prize Periods as futher described below.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
This contest is open to IT Professionals who are participating in the free 24 Hours of PASS: Summit Preview event. . Details of the event are available here.
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Challenge; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge;and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge
This Challenge is void wherever prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
At approximately 8:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, September 7, 2011, the 24 Hours of PASS sessions begin for a 12 hour period ending at 8:00 p.m. ET and begins again on Thursday, September 8, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. ET through 8:00 p.m. ET.
At the end of each 24 Hours of PASS session (at approximately 58-59 minutes past each hour) a new trivia question regarding SQL Server Code Name “Denali” will be posted online on the @SQLServer Twitter account.
To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.comto create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of SQL Server at @SQLServer
- From your own account, reply to @SQLServer and include in the tweet your answer to the posted question.
- Your tweet must contain both the #sqldenali & #24hop hashtags to be eligible for entry
- Your tweet with the answer must include the complete/full name of the product (e.g. “SQL Server 2008 R2”), while incomplete/abbreviated answers like “SQL R2” will be disqualified
The first person to correctly tweet a correct reply to each question will win the prize described below.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason, or for entries that do not include both the #24hop and #SQLDenali hashtags, or do not provide the full name of the product or feature in the answer.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
The first person to correcty respond will receve an SQL Server and/or Microsoft BI branded gifts/items. Approximate Retail Value $30. A total of twenty four (24) prizes are available.
Limit of one prize per person or Twitter account for the duration of the Challenge, regardless of the number of correct answers submitted.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you via Direct Message on Twitter to the account provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the end of the Entry Period. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Winners can expect to receive their prize within four (4) to six (6) weeks following verification of eligibility.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we reserve the right to make final decisions on who is the winner based on the accuracy of the anwer provided, ensuring that thr rules of including hashtags is followed, and the times the answers arrives based on what times are listed on www.twitter.com.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Challenge:
You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
If you are otherwise eligible for this Challenge, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Challenge depend on the number of eligible entries we receive and they time the entries are posted to www.twitter.com.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CHALLENGE?
By entering this Challenge you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Challenge or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Challenge; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Challenge, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CHALLENGE IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Challenge will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Challenge.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CHALLENGE CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Challenge, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Challenge. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Challenge, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Challenge.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Challenge by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Challenge, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
To find out who won, send an email to email@example.com by October 8, 2011 with the subject line: “#24HOP / #SQLDenali Challenge Winners List”.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CHALLENGE?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052