Microsoft MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) Beta has been released to the web for public testing. MSXML4 SP3 is a complete replacement of previous MSXML service packs. This SP3 update includes a number of security bug fixes and various reliability improvements.
MSXML 4 SP3 is a Download Center only release and is applicable to the following versions and editions of Microsoft Windows®:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Vista RTM
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
The MSXML team is looking for feedback and they ask customers to:
- Run existing applications against SP3 to ensure compatibility with existing applications and verify that there are no changes in behavior.
- Send feedback or file bugs directly with the MSMXL product team through the Microsoft Connect site. Note that you will need to sign in using a Microsoft LiveID to provide feedback. Customers will need to register with Microsoft Connect if they have not done so.
- Visit the Microsoft MSXML Team blog to post questions and comments http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam.