Yung Chou, Kevin Remde and Dan Stolts continue their multi-part Windows 10 series and in part 2 they showcase free tools like the User State Migration Toolkit (USMT) that can easily migrate users and user data to Windows 10 from Windows XP, 7 and 8.
- [2:17] I understand there are some really cool tools available to migrate users and user data from older operating systems to Windows 10. Can you tell us a bit about the tools and maybe what all the acronyms around deployment mean. ADK, USMT, MDT, ABC, XYZ, what does it all mean?
- [5:00] DEMO: How should we work with the User State Migration Tool and ADK toolkit?
- [6:40] Does the ADK replace the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit?
- [7:50] Migrating user data is a major pain point for many organizations, can you tell us how to get started and what are the steps to a successful migration
- [18:40] Let’s dive into the backup of the user data. How long does it take to setup and run USMT Scanstate?
- [28:30] Does it matter what version or sku of Windows 10 I am moving to?
- [29:18] Can I look into my backup to see what is there or just restore some files instead of doing a full restore?