Dan Stolts and Jose Barreto are back for this episode on Shared Virtual Disks in Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as they go in depth on what the key new features and benefits are, how it works as well as how to deploy it.
- [1:29] What is Virtual Disk Sharing and what are the key benefits?
- [3:30] Are we are able to maintain portability?
- [8:35] Does this work with Gen 1 and Gen 2 Virtual machines?
- [11:53] What is Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and how has it changed?
- [14:52] Can you talk about when an admin might chose Scale-out vs CSV
- [19:17] Are there limitations with the Guest OS’s supported?
- [21:52] Are storage spaces required? What are the requirements?
- [25:12] DEMO: How to Configure Share Virtual Disks
- [31:31] Is there a way to see what machines are on a particular storage destination?