If you have not already activated your BizSpark benefits, see https://aka.ms/gurubizspark
To successfully activate Windows Azure platform benefits BizSpark subscribers will need to go this very simple process:
Activate Windows Azure subscription for BizSpark / MSDN subscribers
- Use the Activate Windows Azure link from MyAccount from your MSDN benefits
- You will need to enter your Microsoft Account (LiveID) password to proceed
- Enter cell phone, verify your account information, accept the license agreement, Click Purchase (no there is not a fee )
- You may need to wait a couple minutes for your account to be activated. Then click on Refresh
- Once your account shows Active, you can click on BizSpark to take you to the Windows Azure Management Portal
- This will take you to the BizSpark Summary Screen
- Access Windows Azure through the Windows Azure Management Portal
More Information on how to use Windows Azure to Build Your Business Coming Soon! Until then…
Training: The Windows Azure Training Kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content to help you learn how to use Windows Azure and SQL Azure. The training kit has updated content for folks using either Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2010 tool sets. It also contains plenty of content to help you learn features currently in preview such as Windows Azure Virtual Machine, Windows Azure Virtual Networks and Windows Azure Media Services.
There are plenty of tools that can be downloaded to help you get started with various technologies. I have provided the links here but additional detailed step-by-step will be provided at a later date. Download the tools:
Visual Studio Developers: Download and Install Windows Azure SDK for .NET. Download the version that matches your version of Visual Studio, either 2010 or 2012.
Note: If you do not have Visual Studio, Download Visual Studio Express free-of-cost: Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web is a set of free development tools you can download and install before installing Windows Azure SDK for .NET.
PHP Developers: The Windows Azure SDK for PHP enables PHP developers to take advantage of the Microsoft Cloud Services Platform -Windows Azure.
Windows Azure SDK for PHP (select the version that best fits your development environment)
Java Developers: The Windows Azure SDK for Java gives developers a speed dial to leverage Windows Azure Storage services. This SDK is used in the Windows Azure Tools for Eclipse project to develop the Windows Azure Explorer feature.
Node.js Developers: Deploy in seconds using Git with Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Python Developers: Create Python Django web sites, develop Python Django apps with Visual Studio, and more!
Mobile Developers: Windows Azure Toolkits for Mobile Devices including iPhone and Android.
- Build Your First FREE Cloud Server and Infrastructure Step-By-Step
- Free Windows Azure eBook + Free Windows Azure Account + Step-By-Step Getting Started
- Windows Server Backup to the Cloud on the Cheap
- Backup Windows Server Using Windows Azure Backup Step-By-Step (Hand On Lab)–Try It While Its FREE
- How Secure is Windows Azure … Microsoft First Public Cloud Provider To Be Granted FedRAMP Security Authorization
- Hands-on Lab: Build a SharePoint Dev-Test Farm in the Cloud (Part 1 – Get Started with Windows Azure Infrastructure Services)