Manage all your email accounts with ease – From Inside Outlook!
With the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can view your Windows Live Hotmail email messages in Outlook alongside your other email accounts. By connecting and organizing your email messages in Outlook 2007, you can take advantage of rich capabilities in Outlook 2007 such as Instant Search and the ability to access your information even when you’re offline.
With Outlook Hotmail Connector and Outlook 2010, you gain these additional benefits:
- Your Safe Sender List/Blocked sender list/Safe Recipient lists are synchronized between Outlook and Hotmail.
- Send/receive works like your other Outlook accounts.
- Your Hotmail account status appears in the Outlook status bar.
- Rules work with the Hotmail account in Outlook even if it’s not your primary account.
Connect contacts from your Windows Live Hotmail into Outlook
With the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can view your Windows Live Hotmail contacts in Outlook. By organizing your contacts in Outlook, you can take advantage of the advanced contact management features that Outlook offers such as the new Business Card View, Instant Search, and the ability to sort contacts by different criteria such as location or color category. Additionally, any changes you make to contact information in Outlook will automatically be synchronized with the Web version in your Windows Live Hotmail account.
Synchronize calendars from Windows Live Calendar into Outlook
With the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can view your calendars from Windows Live Calendar in Microsoft Office Outlook, including other people’s calendars that have been shared with you. By managing your calendars in Outlook, you can take advantage of the time-management features that Outlook offers such as viewing multiple calendars in Outlook at the same time. With Outlook 2007 or 2010 and the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can also:
- View tasks and flagged messages beneath your appointments on the days in which they are due
- Categorize your appointments with custom color categories
- Overlay multiple calendars
Additionally, any changes you make to your Windows Live Calendar calendars in Outlook are automatically synchronized with the Web version in your Windows Live Hotmail account.
What’s new in Windows Live Hotmail
MSN Hotmail is now Windows Live Hotmail. It’s better than ever and best of all — it’s still free. Find out more.
- Improved spam protection — safety bar plus one-click spam tools
- 5 GB of storage — five times as much as MSN Hotmail
- Faster than ever — read mail without reloading the page
- Customizable design — use themes to customize your interface
In order to use the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector you must have:
- A Windows Live Hotmail account — update your existing Hotmail account or create a new account.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2010