Looks like IT Camps are going to continue. There is now one scheduled in Atlanta, some details follow. If you are interested in more local camps, post a comment with your ideas.
What is an IT Camp?
This will be a fast-paced, fun half-day on Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V. We will go through the topics listed below, HANDS-ON, to get you quickly up to speed using HyperV virtualization!! This is your first step to learning about Private Cloud. We will have a follow-up IT Camp in January that will focus on the second piece of the Private cloud solution, System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012. Make sure you bring your laptop and that it meets the requirements listed below.
- Enabling the HyperV role
- Configuring Virtual Networks
- Virtual Network Management
- Configure Hyper-V User Settings
- Manage the Virtual Machine Connection Application
- Create VHDs with the Virtual Disk Wizard
- Manage and Edit Virtual Disks
- Deploy New VMs
- Export & Import a VM
- Manage Snapshots
NOTE: You will need to bring your own laptop to do the hand-on exercises
- 4GB RAM
- At least 20GB of free disk space
- x64 compatible processor with Intel VT or AMD-V technology
- Basic install of Windows Server 2008 R2
1125 Sanctuary Parkway, Suite 300
Thursday, December 15th, 2011
IT Camp 1 will be from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (ET)
IT Camp 2 will be from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM (ET)
How Do I Register?
You have the option of coming in the morning or afternoon. Click on the registration link for the camp you wish to attend:
To register for the Morning Camp 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
To register for the Afternoon Camp 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Need Evaluation Software?
You are not going to want to miss this event!!!