If you’re planning to join my colleagues, Jim O’Neil and Chris Bowen, and myself for one or both of our back-to-back events at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute this Tuesday (Sept. 22), here’s a few important notes about the venue that aren’t immediately obvious.
- The University address is 110 8th Street, Troy, New York; however, that is a mailing address and not a valid physical address. There is no building at that location!
Additionally, the reference in the on-line registration pages to the “Golisano College” is incorrect. This is a different venue (in Rochester!); I just noticed the error and hope to have it rectified shortly.
- The events are taking place in the auditorium within the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, which is physically on 15th street directly across from the Alumni Sports & Rec Center. The auditorium is on the ground level at the end of the building farthest from 15th street. [map below]
- There is a visitor parking lot across 15th street from the event venue [see map below]. Note that this is a metered lot ($0.25 per 15 minutes), but that parking passes for a fee of $5 are available from the Public Safety and Parking Access Office, which is directly next to the visitor lot on 15th Street.
- If you’ve registered for both events (TechNet Unleashed and the Northeast MSDN Roadshow), please note there will be a one-hour break for you to grab lunch on campus or at a nearby eatery. Lunch is not provided as part of the events, but there will be a continental breakfast for the morning event and afternoon snacks at the Northeast Roadshow.
- If you haven’t registered for the events – why not??! There’s still space available at both; you can view the program and register at the links below:
TechNet Unleashed – Game On Tour!: 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Northeast Roadshow – Food for Thoughts Tour: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.