Today, in Winnipeg, we wrapped up the SQL Server 2005 Launch Tour. It has been an amazing five weeks from where we started at the single biggest launch event in Microsoft Canada’s history to perhaps the launch event with the coldest weather. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you that came out to the event. Specifically I want to say THANK YOU:
– Toronto for the great kickoff with over 2800 people in attendance to really show the world how Canada’s IT community can rock!!
– Ottawa for always making me feel that I can come home to the city I grew up and lived in until a short 6 years ago (GO SENS GO!!!)
– Edmonton for the West Edmonton Mall. I have never been in it before and we held the Lauch Event there. All I can say is WOW!!
– Victoria for the great hospitality and the chance to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.
– Vancouver for a warm reception and the unusual amount of fog. No matter what, I still love the city and steak at Kobe!
– Calgary for making a guy from central Canada want to be a westerner with the reception we received.
– Montreal, because there is no other city in the country with as much charm and elegence.
– Quebec City for putting up with my English presentation because I really do not speak French that well
– Halifax for providing me a better understanding of the unique issues faced by the IT industry in Atlantic Canada, and
– Winnipeg for ending the tour on a high and allowing me to let my family know that I am coming back for at least a few weeks.
All in all, this has been a phenomenal experience. I just hope that we have been able to convey to you the excitement we feel about SQL Server 2005, BizTalk Server 2006 and Visual Studio 2005 and that you feel it too.