Hi, my name is Pat Arnold, I am the General Manager of the Microsoft Services’ Cybersecurity Team based in Reston, VA, and I would like to spend a few minutes to introduce you to our new Cybersecurity blog.
The Cybersecurity team focuses exclusively on working closely with customers on advanced topics relating to Cybersecurity, such as:
- The Evolving Threat Landscape and Threat Intelligence
- Incident Response
- Persistent Adversary Detection and Analysis
- Compromise Recovery
- Complex Direct Access and IPv6 Solutions
- Enhanced Security Environments for Web access and Admins
- Secure Software Design and Development Practices
We have a world class team of consultants and architects with decades of experience working with internal Microsoft development teams, large software developers, global commercial enterprises and local and international Public Sector customers including Local, State and Federal agencies and the Military.
In this blog we aim to provide timely and useful commentary about current cyber-threats, mitigations and observations. Our mantra for each post will be “pragmatic.”
Examples of some upcoming topics include:
- Common Security Vulnerabilities and Defensive Strategies
- What Public Sector clients can learn from recent cyber attacks
- What the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) means to Public Sector clients
- FIPS 140 and the SDL
- Tips for Implementing SDL without sacrificing ship dates.
- The various credential repositories and their risk.
- Pass-the-hash attacks and what to do about them
- Security monitoring as a measurement discipline
- The importance of managing who is a local administrator on your workstations
- Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit security mitigations
- IPv6 and DirectAccess practices and insights
- Responding to a Breach
- And much more!
We expect to publish at least one post every other week, because we want to keep the posts useful and high quality.