I am a poet and yes I did know it 🙂
Here are the details on this from the product team in Redmond:
We’ve just launched a major upgrade to http://www.innovateonwindowsserver.com/, which is an application readiness portal targeting developers of custom and commercial software that also empowers IT Pros to determine application compatibility on Windows Server 2008. The site upgrade contains:
- Details for ISVs to enroll on the site, participate in our Early Access Programs (EAP) for software certification and enjoy pre-launch and launch related marketing benefits. This includes test subsidies, technical support, inclusion in advertising, ad hoc PR opportunities and much more.
- Latest builds of our free test tools and video training modules determining application compatibility and best practice compliance with Windows Server 2008.
- Links to developer resources like our moderated Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility and Certification Technical Forum, the Application Compatibility Cookbook, Top Ten Tips when developing applications for Windows Server 2008, etc.
- Extensive info on the technical bars, fees, and procedures for earning Works with Windows Server 2008 validation and the Certified for Windows Server 2008 logo.
- The ability for developers to enroll to receive news and special offers relating to application readiness for Windows Server 2008.
Now is the time for ISVs to join the EAP. Tests can be submitted from November 1, 2007 – February 27, 2008 for those in the Early Access Program.
Our free downloadable test tools gauge the readiness of custom and third-party applications on Windows Server 2008. We’re encouraging the entire Windows Server ecosystem – systems integrators, ISVs, OEMs, IT professionals, custom software developers, etc. – to use the tools in software development and testing. By doing so will help developers give our partners a predictable experience on the platform, which should help reduce user support costs.
The highly automated “Works with Windows Server 2008” test tool takes about five minutes to install and it can analyze the level of an application’s compatibility with Windows Server 2008 in anywhere from 45 minutes to 4 hours, depending on the complexity of the application.
The “Certified for Windows Server 2008” test tool is a wizard-style GUI and is freely available to gauge much deeper levels of an application’s best practice compliance with the new platform’s security, reliability, availability, stability and Windows fundamentals.