iSCSI 目前是 Cluster 架構裡常被應用的一個 Shared Storage Solution，以下是兩個您應該要知道的事項。(Getting things right in the beginning will make everything else down the line easier!!)
1. Use Microsoft MultiPath IO (MPIO) to manage multiple paths to iSCSI storage. Microsoft does not support teaming on network adapters that are used to connect to iSCSI-based storage devices.
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator best practices
The following best practices are recommended for your Microsoft iSCSI Initiator configuration:
- Deploy on a fast network (a GigE or faster network).
- Ensure physical security.
- Use strong passwords for all accounts.
- Use CHAP authentication because it ensures that each host has its own password. Mutual CHAP authentication is also recommended.
- Use iSNS to discover and manage access to iSCSI targets.
Installing and Configuring Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
2. Try the following methods to troubleshoot iSCSI connectivity issue, if all fails, engage Microsoft Technical Support to help you identify the cause.
Method 1: Increase the receiving buffer
Method 2: Disable Delay ACK
Method 3: Disable AutoTuningLevel to fix the window size
and Method 4: (per my own experience, may not be applicable for you) Disable TCP Chimney Offload
Information about the TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling, and Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008
In Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 environment, if the network environment is set to enable Delay ACK and storage is connected with iSCSI, an iScsiPrt error is output to the System Event Log when a general operation is executed