The following error message appeared after I install the virtual GPU: “Connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote log on.”
All users (even users who are part of the Administrators group on the virtual machine) who need to log on to a virtual desktop that has a RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter need to be members of the Remote Desktop Users group.
· Installing the RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter on the Personal Virtual Desktop
After the virtual machine restarts, you will see a black screen on the virtual machine console with the message “Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual machine is using the 3D video adaptor, which is not supported by the Virtual Machine Connection console.” This is expected, and you will not be able to log on to the virtual machine from the Virtual Machine Connection. You will be able to remotely log on to the virtual machine by using an account that is a part of the Remote Desktop Users group on the virtual machine.
· Appendix A: Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Tips
· Hardware Considerations for RemoteFX
· Deploying Microsoft RemoteFX on a Single Remote Desktop Virtualization Host Server Step-by-Step Guide
· Microsoft RemoteFX for Session Virtualization: Architectural Overview
· Explaining Microsoft RemoteFX