Review this Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 information to make sure you have the required hardware and software.
· Supported Operating Systems: A list of supported guest operating systems can be found here.
· Processor: x64 compatible processor with Intel VT or AMD-V technology enabled.
Hardware Data Execution Prevention (DEP), specifically Intel XD bit (execute disable bit) or AMD NX bit (no execute bit), must be available and enabled.
· Minimum CPU speed: 1.4 GHz; Recommended: 2 GHz or faster.
· RAM: Minimum: 1 GB RAM; Recommended: 2 GB RAM or greater (additional RAM is required for each running guest operating system); Maximum 1 TB.
· Available disk space: Minimum: 8 GB; Recommended: 20 GB or greater (additional disk space needed for each guest operating system).
· DVD ROM drive
· Display: Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution monitor.
· Other: Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Note: The actual system requirements will vary based on your system configuration and hosted guest operating systems.