Move Operations Manager 2007 RMS to new server.
Following are the steps to promote Management Server to RMS:
1. On the Management Server to be promoted, copy SecureStorageBackup.exe and ManagementServerConfigTool.exe from SupportTools folder of the installation media to the install directory (by default, C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007).
2. Open a Command Prompt window and change directory to C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007
3. Type the command: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007>SecureStorageBackup.exe Restore filename This file is the backed up Root Management Server encryption file required by this procedure.
4. Provide password as required.
5. On the Management Server, type the command: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007>ManagementServerConfigTool.exe PromoteRMS
If you get an error that this Management Server is configured for multiple management group and its not supported.
Check the following registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Server Management Groups Parent Health Service Send Priority VHA SCOM
We backup the “Parent Health Service” and “Send Priority” Keys and deleted them.
Run the same command again, and it should work
6. If the original Root Management Server is to be demoted to being a Management Server, on the original Root Management Server, type the command: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007>ManagementServerConfigTool.exe UpdateDemotedRMS
7. Go to the promoted Root Management Server, open the services snap-in, and stop the MOM HealthService.
8. Go to the installation directory (default: %ProgramFiles%\System Center Operations Manager 2007) and delete the Health Service State folder.
9. Start the MOM Health Service.
10. When you open the Operations Console the first time, specify the name of the new Root Management Server to connect to.
How to Promote a Management Server to a Root Management Server Role in Operations Manager 2007