Even if your Lync Server 2010 deployment is modest, you probably have components in your network that are the subject of books devoted to their security. Therefore, it is unlikely that this guide covers all aspects of security for all components and areas that are pertinent to your deployment.
Use this Security Guide as a starting point to help secure and maintain a secure Lync Server 2007 deployment. This guide provides general guidelines, including best practices, for assessing and managing the most common security risks for Lync Server 2010. As new threats and solutions arise, you should supplement or replace outdated documents, solutions, and methods with new ones.
The Security Guide addresses the following:
- Key Security Enhancements in Lync Server 2010
- Common Security Threats for Lync Server 2010
- Security Framework for Lync Server 2010
- Addressing Threats to Your Core Infrastructure
- Addressing Threats to Your Internet Boundary
- Addressing Threats to On-Premises Conferencing
- Addressing Threats to Group Chat
- Addressing Threats to Lync Web App
- Addressing Threats to Enterprise Voice
- Securing Clients for Lync Server 2010
- Additional Security Resources for Lync Server 2010
Get it here