Still with us? We’ve journeyed through OSD Introductory Sessions and OSD - A Deeper Dive and now we are pulling it together with the tutorials in the Advanced OSD section. Today’s tutorial is part fifteen of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. In it, Steven covers a variety of advanced topics and builds on various sessions already presented. Topics include configuring and using prestart commands and engineering a task sequence for speed.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series Steven discusses UEFI systems and how Configuration Manager OSD can deliver images to systems running in UEFI mode.
Posts in Advanced OSD
- Part XV - Advanced Concepts (this post)
- Part XVI - OSD - BIOS or UEFI
- Part XVII - OSD and Custom Boot Images - Process and Strategy
- Part XVIII - Advanced Scenarios 2
- Part XIX – DaRT
- Part XX - Automating and Custom OSD
- Part XXI - Troubleshooting