This session is part fourteen of an ongoing series focusing on Operating System Deployment in Configuration Manager. In it, Steven discusses the pre-staged media option for image deployment. The discussion includes a description of pre-staged media, the scenarios solved by pre-staged media and a demonstration of configuring and using pre-staged media.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series, Steven discusses the intricacies of nested task sequences.
Posts in OSD - A Deeper Dive
- Part VI - Task Sequence variables - a deeper dive
- Part X - USMT and OSD
- Part XI - MDT Integration
- Part XII - OSD and the ADK
- Part XIII - to be Known or to be Unknown - that is the question
- Part XIV – Pre-staged Media (this post)
- Part XXIII - Nested Task Sequences