We are starting the intermediate section of the OSD Tutorial video series titled A Deeper Dive. And we kick things off with video number six that I skipped over in the Introductory Sessions.
This session is part six of an ongoing series focusing on Operating System Deployment in Configuration Manager. In it, Steven takes a deeper look at variables. The discussion includes methods to dump variables while in the task sequencing environment, creating variables inside the task sequence environment and building variables on collections and devices.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series, Steven will discuss the integration of User State Migration with Configuration Manager.
Posts in OSD - A Deeper Dive
- Part VI - Task Sequence variables - a deeper dive (this post)
- Part X - USMT and OSD
- Part XI - MDT Integration
- Part XII - OSD and the ADK
- Part XIII - To be Known or to be Unknown - that is the question
- Part XIV – Pre-staged Media
- Part XXIII - Nested Task Sequences