Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 has a support and servicing lifecycle during which we provide new features, software updates, security fixes, etc. This lifecycle lasts for a minimum of 10 years from the date of the product’s initial release. The end of the lifecycle is known as the product’s end of support. Configuration Manager 2007 reaches the end of its support lifecycle on July 9, 2019. We strongly recommend that you migrate your Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure as soon as possible to the latest version of Configuration Manager (current branch).
Frequently asked questions
Q1: What does end of support mean for me?
A1: Although Configuration Manager 2007 will continue to function after July 2019 the following conditions will apply to the software:
- No Microsoft support will be available.
- No security updates or fixes will be available.
Q2: When does extended support end for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010?
A2: July 9, 2019. For more information, go to the Support Lifecycle page.
Q3: Will I continue to get definition updates for FEP 2010?
A3: Microsoft plans to discontinue definition, engine, and platform updates for FEP 2010 once the end of support is reached. This discontinuation may occur without any notice.
Q4: What should I do to prepare?
A4: To prepare for end of support, we recommend that you do the following:
- Review the migration guidance and plan your migration to Configuration Manager (current branch).
- If you are also running FEP 2010, migrate to System Center Endpoint Protection (current branch)
- If you have a Premier Support agreement, contact your account team to develop a migration plan. If you don’t have a Premier Support agreement or an agreement with an existing solution provider, you can find a provider at Enterprise Mobility + Security Solution Providers.
Q5: What else should I consider?
A5: Windows 7 and Office 2010 both reach the end of their support lifecycle in 2020. Please review the upgrade options for both products.
For more information please read KB 4096323 Support for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 ends July 9, 2019.