This month’s new preview of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager includes the following features:
- ‘New Software’ indicators in Software Center: The Software Center Applications, Updates, and Operating Systems tabs now show which software was recently added. Numbers in the navigation pane show how many new software items are on each tab.
- Application Requests from Software Center: Users can now request approval for applications and view the request history for applications in the Application Details view in Software Center. The Request button in Application Details no longer redirects to the web-based Application Catalog.
- Improvements to Asset Intelligence: A new field has been added to the properties for inventoried software that lets you set a parent and child relationship with other software. In the Inventoried Software list, you can view the parent of any software and also hide child software.
- Keyboard Translation for Remote Control: By default in a remote control session, characters typed on the viewer’s keyboard are sent to the controlled device instead of the keys, whether or not their keyboard layouts match. This behavior may be turned off in the Remote Control viewer Action menu.
- Improvements to the Prepare ConfigMgr Client for Capture task sequence step: The Prepare ConfigMgr Client step will now completely remove the Configuration Manager client instead of only removing key information. When the task sequence deploys the captured operating system image, it will install a new Configuration Manager client each time.
Update 1608 for Technical Preview is available in the Configuration Manager console. To install Configuration Manager Technical Preview for the first time, the installation bits (currently based on Technical Preview 1603) are available on our TechNet Evaluation Center.
For more information, please see the following post by the Configuration Manager product team:
J.C. Hornbeck, Solution Asset PM
Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Group