Here's a quick tip in case you run into an issue where the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff369719.aspx) fails to load data with the following error:
No data returned from Data Source :SoftwareDeployment.
This can occur if the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard is installed on a server other than the Configuration Manager reporting server point. The machine account for the server hosting the Dashboard must have rights to query the Configuration Manager Reporting Services.
To resolve this issue and allow the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard to load successfully, use the following steps:
- Navigate in the Configuration Manager 2007 Console to Site Database\Computer Management\Security Rights\Users.
- Right-click Users and choose Manage ConfigMgr Users
- Under Add a new user: type the name of the server where the Dashboard is installed in the format <domain>\<servername>$ (for example CONTOSO\server2$
- Click Next, and choose Add another right or modify an existing one on the Review The set of rights for this user screen. Click Next.
- Grant the machine account at least Class: Report Read rights on the appropriate reports (usually 'All Instances'). Click Next.
- Choose Add another right or modify an existing one and also grant Query rights for the appropriate reports.
- Complete the wizard.
- Reboot the Dashboard server.
Hope this helps,
Mark Stanfill | Senior Support Escalation Engineer
The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
The WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
The ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
The SCOM 2007 Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/
The MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
The DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
The OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
The Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis
The Service Manager Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
The AVIcode Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode