We’re pleased to announce the online release of the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Toolkit & SDK!
Download the toolkit from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36213
Here is a summary of the changes and contents of the R2 Toolkit:
Server Based Tools
- * DP Job Manager - A tool that helps troubleshoot and manage ongoing content distribution jobs to Configuration Manager distribution points.
- * Collection Evaluation Viewer - A tool that assists in troubleshooting collection evaluation related issues by viewing collection evaluation details.
- * Content Library Explorer - A tool that assists in troubleshooting issues with and viewing the contents of the content library.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager - The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server's role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required.
- Content Library Transfer – A tool that transfers content from one disk drive to another.
- Content Ownership Tool – A tool that changes ownership of orphaned packages (packages without an owner site server).
- Role-based Administration Modeling and Auditing Tool – This tool helps administrators to model and audit RBA configurations.
- Run Metering Summarization Tool - The purpose of this tool is to run the metering summarization task to analyze raw metering data
Client Based Tools
- Client Spy - A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Configuration Manager Trace Log Viewer – A tool used to view log files created by Configuration Manager components and agents.
- Deployment Monitoring Tool - The Deployment Monitoring Tool is a graphical user interface designed help troubleshoot Applications, Updates, and Baseline deployments on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Policy Spy - A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Power Viewer Tool – A tool to view the status of power management feature on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Send Schedule Tool - A tool used to trigger a schedule on a client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- Wakeup Spy – A tool that provides a view of the power state of Configuration Manager client computers and which operate as managers or manages.
You can view the MSDN online SDK content here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh948960.aspx
Download the installable SDK from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29559
Here is a summary of the changes and contents of the R2 SDK:
What's new in the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SDK
The following topics are new or updated in the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SDK:
- New Solutions and Samples
- Solution: Configuration Manager Application Approval Workflow
- Sample: How to create Software Update groups (SUMCreateGroup)
- Sample: How to assign Software Update groups (SUMAssignGroup)
- New Classes and Methods
- AddChangeNotification Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- AddDistributionPoints Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- CancelDistribution Method in Class SMS_DistributionPoint
- ChangeOwnership Method in Class SMS_Collection
- ClientEditions Method in Class SMS_Collection
- GetChainedPullDPs Method in Class SMSDistributionPointInfo
- GetImageProperties Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- GetTSRelatedToDriverCategory Method in Class SMS_TaskSequencePackage
- ReassignClientsToSite Method in Class SMS_Collection
- RefreshPkgSource Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- ReloadImageProperties Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage CCM_NetworkSettings Client WMI Class
- RunOfflineServicingManager Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- SetSourceSite Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- SMS_ClientResourcesConfig Server WMI Class
- SMS_DistributionJob Server WMI Class
- SMS_G_SYSTEM_ResourceClientSettingsAssignment Server WMI Class
- SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo Server WMI Class
- SMS_UserSettings Server WMI Class
- SMS_UserVariable Server WMI Class
- SMS_VhdPackage Server WMI Class
- Unlock Method in Class SMS_VhdPackage
- Updated Classes and Methods
- CCM_SoftwareBase Client WMI Class
- CheckReferencesShareType Method in Class SMS_TaskSequencePackage
- CreateCCR Method in Class SMS_Collection
- CreateCCRs Method in Class SMS_Collection
- CreateCCRs Method in Class SMS_Query
- SMS_AppDeploymentAssetDetails Server WMI Class
- SMS_Application Server WMI Class
- SMS_ApplicationLatest Server WMI Class
- SMS_BaselineAssignment Server WMI Class
- SMS_BootImagePackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_CIAssignmentBaseClass Server WMI Class
- SMS_ClientCommunicationConfig Server WMI Class
- SMS_Collection Server WMI Class
- SMS_CollectionMember_a Server WMI Class
- SMS_CombinedDeviceResources Server WMI Class
- SMS_ConfigurationPolicyAssignment Server WMI Class
- SMS_ContentPackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_DeviceSettingPackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_DistributionPoint Server WMI Class
- SMS_DistributionPointInfo Server WMI Class
- SMS_DriverPackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_EndpointProtectionAgentConfig Server WMI Class
- SMS_FullCollectionMembership Server WMI Class
- SMS_G_System_AppClientState Server WMI Class
- SMS_ImageInformation Server WMI Class
- SMS_OperatingSystemInstallPackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_Package Server WMI Class
- SMS_PackageBaseclass Server WMI Class
- SMS_Query Server WMI Class
- SMS_ServiceWindow Server WMI Class
- SMS_Site Server WMI Class
- SMS_SoftwareUpdate Server WMI Class
- SMS_SoftwareUpdatesPackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_TaskSequencePackage Server WMI Class
- SMS_TaskSequencePackageReference_Flat Server WMI Class
- SMS_UpdateGroupAssignment Server WMI Class
- SMS_UpdatesAssignment Server WMI Class