If you work in a healthcare organisation, or just want free Microsoft guidance and software to help you create a sophisticated SharePoint environment, the following maybe of interest.....
Microsoft has recently posted lots of Microsoft Healthcare Platform Optimisation (HPO) content here to help organisations configure a desktop and server infrastructure that is easy to manage and will help staff to perform day-to-day tasks. This includes in-depth guidance and software for Active Directory, Windows Vista, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, SharePoint Server 2007 and Office 2007.
From a SharePoint perspective, the applicable content includes:
- Active Directory Design guidance
- Collaboration Strategy Guide - compares Groove 2007, Communicator 2007, WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007
- WSS 3.0 Deployment Guide
- SharePoint Server 2007 Deployment Guide
- SharePoint Server 2007 Information Architecture Guide
- Enterprise Search (for SharePoint)
- Collaboration Fundamentals Solution Enabler - a Solution file (.wsp) that helps users create their own community sites within SharePoint
- Managing Meetings Solution Enabler - a Solution file (.wsp) that helps users share and store information related to meetings by creating Meeting Workspaces (sites) within SharePoint
- Scorecards Solution Enabler - a Solution file (.wsp) that helps managers track organisational or departmental performance by using Scorecard sites within SharePoint
Much of the guidance is in-depth and provides step-by-step intructions to help configure a secure and well-designed envrionment. At the same time, the guides aim to be concise, ensuring you can configure an environment v easily.
I strongly recommend visiting the links above to find out more about each download. For those with SharePoint already installed, why not try the free wsp files (similar, but much richer, than the the fab 40 templates).