System Center Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 (Currently English only - other languages to follow) has now been released!
Feature Bullet Summary: System Center Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) incorporates the following the improvements and major changes in functionality. For a complete list of fixes and changes that are included in Essentials 2007 SP1 please see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=110536.
• Support for managing workgroup-joined computers
• Support for monitoring SNMPv1 network devices
• Support for using multiple auto-approval rules in update management
• Support for using a remote SQL Server 2005 instance on a computer with a different architecture (x86 or x64) than that of the computer running the Essentials 2007 management server
• Support for running the Essentials 2007 management server, console and agent on computers running Windows Server 2008 within 90 days of the release of Essentials 2007 SP1. Management packs for Windows Server 2008 and its role will be available shortly after the release of Windows Server 2008.
• Improved backup and disaster recovery guidance
• Improvements in management pack quality
• Improvements in performance, usability, and supportability
Download the Evaluation version of SCE SP1 here :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=246DF207-F051-47C3-BD64-C9072281C3C8&displaylang=en
SP1 Upgrade packages (x86/x64) available here :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=20824F84-B98A-4E42-93A7-045A7A58E289&displaylang=en
Upgrade packages take the form of a platform specific IExpress self extracting/installation executables.
More resources are being posted through the day and beyond to the TechCenter.
The SCE TechCenter http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sce/default.aspx