The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 has released to the Web and is available via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e4cd1a68-b6b6-483b-9663-be3be8484328&DisplayLang=en
NOTE: If SCCM is installed on a 64-bit OS (32-bit app on 64-bit OS) you will be required to install the Operations Manager 32-bit agent (manually) in order to be able to monitor SCCM with OpsMgr07. See the SCCM 2007 MP release notes for further information. A KB article will be available shortly to also cover this topic.
The Microsoft Configuration Manager 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 provides proactive monitoring of your Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 environment. This management pack includes:
- • Detection and monitoring of all Configuration Manager servers and dependent services
• The alert driven state
• The site hierarchy diagram,
• Performance and backlog monitoring and configuration
• Performance and availability reports.
Before you install the Configuration Manager 2007 Management Pack, read the Configuration Manager 2007 User's Guide. The guide includes the instructions you need to correctly deploy, configure and use the management pack.
Feature Bullet Summary:
The System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 provides improved capabilities for Configuration Manager 2007 monitoring, including the following:
- • Monitoring the starting and stopping of all Configuration Manager 2007 services, including critical dependent services like Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), IIS Admin Service, World Wide Web Publishing Service, Windows Deployment Services Server, Trivial FTP Daemon, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and Microsoft SQL Server™.
• Alerting the Configuration Manager 2007 administrator to critical Configuration Manager 2007 status messages.
• Monitoring backlogs of discovery data records (DDRs), software inventory, hardware inventory, status messages, state messages, and software metering on both primary site servers and management points.
• Monitoring outbox backlogs on site systems.
• Monitoring a component and site system role health.
• Monitoring collection evaluation, state message summarization, and site maintenance tasks, including site backup.
• Monitoring SMS Executive crash dumps.
• Monitoring general CPU, Memory, and Disk system resource usage. • Monitoring processing rates.
• Monitoring the performance trends of many Configuration Manager performance counters by using views and reports.
• Product knowledge content for all alerts and processing rules.
• Detecting all Configuration Manager 2007 computers, classes, and computer groups.
• Configuration Manager 2007 views.
• Reports displaying performance, availability, and configuration of Configuration Manager 2007 server groups. These linked reports leverage the enhanced reporting of Systems Center Operations Manager 2007 for performance, configuration, and availability trends.
• Tasks for executing Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator console applications.
• Computer State view containing the health of all Configuration Manager 2007 server roles and the Configuration Manager 2007 Client.
• Site Hierarchy and Site State views for displaying the health of sites in a hierarchy and the hierarchy itself.
• Service Discovery of important Configuration Manager 2007 server and Configuration Manager 2007 client information.
• Topology diagram of the Configuration Manager 2007 site hierarchy.
• Configuration Manager 2007 configurable alerting on distributed program execution failure through Configuration Manager 2007 program properties.
Management Pack Release History:
11/13/2007 - Version 6.0.5000.10 - Original release of the English version