The Virtual Server MP for Opsmgr07 is now available via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=de65b061-49bb-4619-9b2c-31d0f165221f&DisplayLang=en
This MP contains the Virtual Server 2005 R2 Management pack and SC VMM MP’s
The Server Virtualization Management Pack provides enterprise-wide monitoring of Microsoft virtual environments. The Management Pack monitors the health and availability of virtual machines deployed on hosts running Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 and the health and availability of the hosts. The Management Pack also monitors the components of System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 (VMM), including the VMM server, database server, hosts, library servers, and self-service portals, and provides reporting for VMM.
The Server Virtualization Management Pack provides the same comprehensive monitoring of hosts and virtual machines that is available through the Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, and can be used by organizations that have not yet deployed Virtual Machine Manager.
The Server Virtualization Management Pack provides enterprise-wide monitoring of your Microsoft virtual environment, including:
• Health and availability of the Virtual Machine Manager service and database
• Health and availability of Virtual Machine Manager agents on hosts and library servers
• Health and availability of self-service Web servers that support virtual machine self-service in VMM
• Significant status changes for virtual machines in Virtual Machine Manager
• Comprehensive monitoring of virtual machine health and availability through warnings, errors, and critical errors raised by Virtual Server
• Reports: Virtualization Candidates, Virtual Machine Allocation, Virtual Machine Utilization, Host Utilization, and Host Utilization Growth
Management Pack Release History:
10/24/2007 – Initial Release – Version 1.0.2627.0000