The SMS 2003 Management Pack is now available from the download site at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BDCA74EE-D493-4F68-BDDD-AC7EE38D8745&displaylang=en
Also available via the management pack catalog http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mom/catalog/catalog.aspx?vs=2007
The Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Management Pack provides proactive monitoring of your Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 environment. It includes detection and monitoring of all SMS 2003 servers and dependent services, alert driven state, topology diagram, performance and backlog monitoring and configuration, performance and availability reports.
Feature Bullet Summary: This management pack:
· Detects all SMS 2003 server computers and site systems.
· Monitors the starting and stopping of all SMS 2003 services, including critical dependent services such as Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Internet Information Server (IIS), and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Provides alerts for SMS service stops, service failures, performance thresholds, status messages, and site system status.
· Presents the state of all roles and computers in the SMS 2003 environment.
· Provides a topology diagram that displays site, site server and site system relationships along with health status.
· Monitors processing rates.
· Monitors backlogs of discovery data records (DDRs), software inventory, hardware inventory, status messages, and software metering on both primary site servers and management points.
· Monitors core system resource usage.
· Includes tasks that enable users of the Operations Manager Operations Console to diagnose and resolve problems on remote computers through the use of SMS Administrator Console.
· New Configuration, availability and performance reports. Monitors the performance trends of many SMS performance counters.