The answer is yes! More details here
The Microsoft Solution Accelerators Team has just released the third-generation of the agent-less infrastructure assessment platform called Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator 3.0 (or simply MAP). Through the use of remote WMI calls and secure inventory engines, the MAP tool enables you to quickly inventory a wide variety of networks (AD-managed, IP ranges, and workgroups), securely assess IT environments of servers, desktops, applications and devices, and auto-generate specific and actionable reports and proposal documents in a matter of hours.
Expanding from the Windows Vista Hardware Assessment code base, this new tool now enables users to generate the following assessment reports and proposals for server and desktop OS migration as well as virtualization projects.
- Windows Vista SP1 OS migration - hardware and device compatibility, applications inventory, BIOS compatibility, and upgrade recommendations
- Microsoft Office 2007 assessment on existing desktops to check for hardware and device compatibility
- Windows Server 2008 migration - hardware and device compatibility, applications inventory, roles inventory, and upgrade recommendations
- Server Virtualization candidacy report for consolidation of the datacenter (currently covers Virtual Server 2005 R2 - will support Hyper-V in the near future)
- Microsoft Application Virtualization - desktop and server readiness for Microsoft Application Virtualization (formerly SoftGrid)