The System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 released today and widely available. With this release, our team has worked really hard to ensure that we update and support Configuration Manager 2012 Service Pack 1 for our application migration tool called Package Conversion Manager (PCM). We originally released PCM to support RTM of ConfigMgr 2012 and due to changes made in service pack 1 we had to update PCM to support those changes.
Key Changes for Package Conversion Manager 2.0
The 2.0 release of PCM doesn’t have new features implemented yet we did resolve bugs found and reported along with other known issues. However, we did make a key change for the longer term support of PCM and that was to build a single set of binaries available in a single installer to support both ConfigMgr RTM & SP1. This is the case for all languages supported from our RTM release. Thus, you can use a single download for all your RTM & SP1 systems for PCM.
Downloading Package Conversion Manager 2.0
To get started or upgrade your version of PCM, please visit the PCM Home page. For those who are interested in the bits only, please use the following links for each language-
Reminder: Training for Package Conversion Manager 2.0
As a very quick reminder, we wanted to share that you can learn more about PCM from my blog posts below –
- Kicking the tires for Configuration Manager 2012’s Package Conversion Manager (PCM)
- ConfigMgr 2012 PCM- Walking through PCM Plug-In capabilities
- ConfigMgr 2012- Introducing Package Conversion Manager (PCM) for Seamless Migration to the AppMo
- ConfigMgr 2012- Package Conversion Manager (PCM) & Readiness State
- Using Package Conversion Manager (PCMs) Fix & Convert – Moving Manual Readiness Packages
- Package Conversion Manager Readiness States & Rules
- Extending Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Package Conversion Manager (PCM)
Getting support for PCM 2.0
As a final notice, we wanted to let you know that you can receive full support through CSS for 2.0 just as you could with 1.0. This support is valid for 1 year from today.