A number of new white papers have been published relating to SQL Server and Microsoft or 3rd Party Applications:
- Configure disaster recovery across SharePoint farms by using SQL Server log shipping
Create a disaster recovery farm in a geographically distributed data center for SharePoint
- Disk Partition Alignment Best Practices for SQL Server
This paper documents performance for aligned and nonaligned storage and why nonaligned partitions can negatively impact I/O performance
- Data Compression: Strategy, Capacity Planning and Best Practices
The data compression feature in SQL Server 2008 helps compress the data inside a database, and it can help reduce the size of the database. Apart from the space savings, data compression provides another benefit: Because compressed data is stored in fewer pages, queries need to read fewer pages from the disk, thereby improving the performance of I/O intensive workloads.
- Improving Microsoft CRM Performance and Securing Data with SQL Server 2008
This paper provides an overview, benchmark results, and recommendations for implementing selected Microsoft SQL Server 2008 features that can improve the performance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and secure the CRM database.
- SQL Server 2008 with Siebel, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards Applications
This white paper describes why SQL Server is the optimal data platform to use with JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Siebel applications that run on the Microsoft platform
- Competitive Review of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
This white paper examines the main reasons why customers might not want to implement Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) in their database solutions.