Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista has been released.
Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista both leverage the single servicing model and therefore Microsoft will only deliver one service pack for both platforms. This makes it easier for to plan, test, deploy, and manage this Service Pack.
Some of the features in this Service Pack:
- Support for 64-bit CPU from VIA Technologies.
- Windows Search 4.0 (previously a separate download).
- Introduces an improved power management policy that is up to 10% more efficient than the original in some configurations (both on the server and the desktop), and includes the ability to manage these settings via Group Policy.
- The ability to natively record data on to Blu-Ray media.
- Vista - Included is the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless (previously a separate download for computers running Windows Vista SP1). This contains Bluetooth v2.1 support and Windows Connect Now (WCN) updates.
- Windows Server - Hyper-V virtualization environment as a fully integrated feature.
The complete list of all Features, Fixes, Deployment Guides and the Release Notes are located here
TechNet and MSDN subscribers can download it now from here (Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 for all editions (x86, x64, i64) - DVD (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish) )
Public downloads will be located here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx
In the next few weeks, SP2 will also be available on Windows/Microsoft Update. The Service Pack blocker tool is available for download. The blocker tool will prevent Service Pack 2 from being installed for 12 months from general availability of Service Pack 2