About Dr. Yan Xu
Yan Xu, Ph.D., is a Research Program Manager in External Research & Programs (formerly University Relations) at Microsoft Research, Redmond WA, USA.
Yan joined Microsoft Research in March 2006. Her research has been focused on exploring technologies and pedagogical strategies that facilitate and enhance interdisciplinary computational education and computational thinking. She is responsible for the Computational Education for Scientists program, which enables collaborations with academia for infusing computational thinking into science education to create tomorrow's scientists. Yan is also responsible for applying Microsoft Phoenix technology to computer science education as part of the Phoenix Academic Program.
Yan has over ten years experience working in the software industry. Prior to joining Microsoft Research, she worked for several startup software companies as a senior software architect. She also served as a principle member of the W3C XML Protocol working group. Yan received her Ph.D. in Physics from McGill University, Canada.
- Computational Education for Scientists (CEfS) http://research.microsoft.com/CEfS
- Microsoft Research http://research.microsoft.com/default.aspx
- External Research & Programs http://research.microsoft.com/ur/us/default.aspx
- ERP Initiatives and Programs http://research.microsoft.com/ur/us/initiatives.aspx
- Research Funding Opportunities http://research.microsoft.com/ur/us/fundingopps/default.aspx
- Fellowships http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/jobs/fellowships/default.aspx
- Internships http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/jobs/internships/default.aspx