This is the next blog in the continuing series of interviews with leading professionals. Here I have an exclusive interview with Fiorenza Albert-Howard, a top international computing and engineering pioneer, author, and business IT executive. I encourage you to share your thoughts here on these interviews or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beating a Mainframe at Chess and Sharing Remarkable Experiences
- Priorities and Advice for Managers
- How to Survive Future Trends
- Manager Insights, Career Tips, Astronauts and Admirals
About Fiorenza Albert-Howard
Dr. Albert-Howard has contributed both nationally and internationally to the computing and engineering fields. Fiorenza is the recipient of numerous accolades and awards including three from the IEEE and a fourth for her writing. She has authored several groundbreaking books in computing including best-sellers plus publication of articles in technical journals.
Just a small sampling of Dr. Albert-Howard's significant societal roles include senior leadership, board, and committee positions within:
- CIPS (Industry Canada chartered Canada's Association of IT Professionals)
- IEEE (Engineering Society, Engineering Management Society, Computer Society, Communication Society)
- SWE (Society of Women Engineers)
- CFUW (Canadian Federation of University Women)
- NSERC (National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada)
- APEG BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC)
- ITC (International Training in Communications)
Dr. Albert-Howard has also demonstrated major contributions while working at:
- F.A-H.C.T.S. - "F. Albert-Howard, Computing, Telecommunications & Systems", (Founder and owner of the respected consulting firm providing expertise in the computing and telecommunication fields)
- British Columbia Gas, (consultant in charge of the Strategic Telecommunications Short and Long Range Planning)
- University of British Columbia,(Director - Networking and Communications)
- British Columbia Telephone Company, (Technical Services, Manager, Network Support)
- British Columbia Telephone Company, Data Resource Management, (Manager, Data Base Administration)
- Continental Airlines, Data Systems Management, (Manager, Operating Systems)
- Hughes Aircraft Company (HAC), Radar Systems Group, (Section Head, Systems Software and Technical Support)
- Southern California Edison Company, (Systems Analyst, Technical Coordinator, Senior Rate Engineer)
- First National Bank of Arizona, (Technical Planning Analyst and Quality Assurance Coordinator).
Dr. Albert-Howard's educational background encompasses a Ph.D., MBA, and BSc from the University of Roma Italy and post-graduate courses in Technical Communication in Engineering and Boolean Logic from Arizona State University. Fiorenza broke new ground when obtaining her degrees and is a recognized IT pioneer in Europe. Fiorenza also holds the only government legislated Information Systems Professional designation (I.S.P.) from CIPS, Canada's Association of IT Professionals, and was an early proponent of professionalism in IT.
Fluent in English and Italian with competency in French, Spanish, and German, Fiorenza continues to have a major impact both nationally and internationally.