Podcast Interview with Venture Capitalist, Guy Kawasaki, Chairman and Managing Director of Garage Technology Ventures

I caught Guy’s keynote presentation at a forum for entrepreneurs seeking “Angel” funding (early stage seed capital). He kept me laughing throughout since he cuts through the hype and gives it to you straight—all the right things you should be doing if you want to get investment. You know the startups presenting [and seeking funding] after his keynote have broken Guy’s rules so you can almost hear them frantically thinking—hmmm, how can I NOT look stupid?

In this podcast, Guy talks about venture funding and his latest passion, blogging. There’s a time/topic index if you want to hop around though I recommend you listen to the entire piece.

Stephen Ibaraki

1. Wil says:

Interesting perspectives.

2. Stephen Ibaraki says:

If you get a chance to catch him in person Wil, take the opportunity. His perspective is at times unique so it catches your attention–and he’s funny.

Cheers,

Stephen Ibaraki

3. Colin Sams says:

a nice exchange between you two and the tips and links are useful. a future follow-up?

4. Stephen Ibaraki says:

If you look at the groups who provided investment in Guy’s company, it’s a powerful list:

Advanced Technology Ventures

Credit Suisse First Boston

Draper Fisher Jurvetson

E*TRADE Group

Goldman, Sachs & Co.

Highland Capital

Mayfield Fund

MSD Capital

Sanford Robertson – Former CEO and founder, Robertson Stephens & Co.

Ben Rosen – Former Chairman, Compaq Computer

Safeguard Scientifics

Charles R. Schwab – co–CEO, Charles Schwab Inc.

Sequoia Capital

Silicon Valley Bank

There’s a story about Guy being offered an interview by Michael Moritz of Sequoia Capital for the CEO position of Yahoo a few years back…interesting story–the rest is legend.

5. Stephen Ibaraki I.S.P., sibaraki@cips.ca says:

I have been giving Guy links to the interview as they appear through different channels. Previously, Guy provided a career tip with an edge for a conference I was speaking at. I’ll likely provide it here in my Career tips series. Watch for it! 🙂

Cheers,

Stephen Ibaraki

I received an e-mail yesterday if I could share some of the roles I have undertaken and then provide…

Companies and organizations recognize individuals as Fellows for their significant contributions. So…

Earlier this year, MSDN Canada and the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) decided to try