A question I often get is, "How can I progress career-wise and stay ahead?" Invariably, a good strategy is to keep informed.
To help you, I am sharing an interview I did this week with Computing Canada (CC) Editor Patricia MacInnis, a leading and respected voice in the Canadian computing scene.
Patricia provides insights into these topic areas:
- Top news items for IT managers in 2005 that are continuing for the future
- Priorities for IT managers in the past and in 2006
- Issues to be addressed at the executive roundtable at the CIPS INFORMATICS conference held in Victoria, May 28th to May 30th
- Major predictions of future trends, their implications and business opportunities
- Recommended resources for IT managers
- Career events that were turning points; current challenges and goals
- Working life as the CC editor
- Editorial snapshots of coming features important to IT managers
- Hot topics generating the greatest feedback
- Big issues facing print publications
I invite you to provide comments here or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org