What if you could build Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013 productivity solutions using standard web technologies and distribute them worldwide from the Office Store on Office.com? Well, you can!
The all new cloud app extensibility model for Office and SharePoint 2013 enables building a whole new class of productivity solutions for Office and SharePoint. And the new Office Store on Office.com provides the venue for these apps to be delivered to millions of Office and Office 365 SharePoint Online users worldwide.
· Bring your own developer environment on your laptop or have access to this environment for website development/ deployment.
· Visual Studio 2012 Pro or above and the Office Developer Tools (Note: You can download VS 2012 Pro as a free trial, see link below. For those that don’t typically use VS, there are some parts of the workshop that rely on VS since tooling for some of the packaging is not yet available for other platforms. If your laptop OS does not support a Visual Studio 2012 install, we’ll have a workaround at the event).
§ See the Tools section here.
· Sign up for the free Office 365 Developer Site preview here.
· Install Office 2013 desktop clients from your developer site.
· Have your own hosted web server for deploying your web site.
§ If you don’t have one, sign up for a Windows Azure free trial here and learn about Windows Azure Web Sites.
· Visit dev.office.com and read up on apps for Office and SharePoint.
· Building apps for Office
· Building apps for SharePoint (Office 365 SharePoint Online)
· Web technologies used to build with the cloud app model
· And more….
Note: A more detailed agenda will be provided day of.
This event is free of charge but you must be registered to attend. Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel and accommodation. Meals will be provided.
How to Register
To sign up for a workshop, please click here and register for a specific event.