There has never been a better time to study for and pass the 70-659 exam because we here at Microsoft Canada are determined to get as many Canadian system admins, network admins, IT managers, IT job seekers, and whatever-else-you-want-to-call-yourself certified on Window Server virtualization as possible.
Why? Virtualization is the foundation for private cloud and dynamic IT infrastructure. Getting your team certified is how you ensure their skills are where they need to be. Getting yourself certified is how you prove your own skills. And now anyone can take the exam for free and get $75 for passing!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Contact D’Arcy at CTE Solutions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and get an exam voucher. This voucher allows you to take the 70-659 exam for free but only if you take the exam before May 31, 2012 (more details).
- Book your exam at with Prometric. Yes, book it now – then you’ll be motivated to buckle down and get studying! Here are some resources you can use:
- Register for a virtual study group that meets online over the course of a few weeks for 12 hours total going through the material. More on this will be coming with specific dates – we’ve been running a pilot study group and I’m now pulling together group leaders for subsequent groups. The cost is $75CAN which goes towards local user groups. Email me if you’re interested in participating.
- Sign up for the Microsoft Virtual Academy for free and work through the virtualization modules.
- Download free evaluations of Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V Server 2008 R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 to build out your study lab.
- Download and read Mitch Tulloch’s free ebook “Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions”.
- Purchase and read the book “Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Resource Kit”.
- Take a 1 day online Jump Start class for $99USD on April 12th or May 9th.
- Write the 70-659 exam and get $75 for passing.
- If you pass – Email me your Transcript ID and Access Code so I can verify your transcript using this tool along with your mailing address, and I’ll send you a $75 gift card (see legal stuff below). Yeah – it’s a pretty sweet deal – you pass your exam AND get a gift card!
- If you don’t pass – don’t fret…if it was easy, everyone would do it. Many people don’t pass it the first time around but still go on to pass it on their next try. At this point you have the option to register for course #10215 at CTE Solutions (for a fee) and retake your exam using the same free voucher you got from CTE Solutions in step 1. Or you can go back to step 2 but pay to book your second exam. Either way, once you pass your exam, be sure to email me for your gift card!
Important legal stuff about the gift card promotion (aka Terms and Conditions):
* Offer good only in Canada to legal residents of Canada. Offer runs from 12:01AM EST, March 1, 2012 until 11:59PM ET, May 31, 2012, or when all the 100 gifts have been awarded. To participate in the offer and be eligible to receive the gift, individuals will be required to successfully pass exam 70-659 and email their transcript ID, Access Code and mailing address to email@example.com by June 1, 2012.
There is a cost associated with taking the exam. More information on the exam can be found at:
To schedule your exam, please visit the exam provider here:
Upon successfully passing exam 70-659 and emailing the required information to firstname.lastname@example.org, the first 100 individuals will receive a $75 American Express gift card. For Terms and Conditions of the gift card use, please visit http://www.americanexpress.com/canada/en/giftcards/terms-conditions.html. There will be a limit of one (1) gift per person. The gift card will be shipped to the address provided by the individual.
This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery of your gift. We reserve the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value.
Have you already passed your exam since March 1? Did you read all the legal stuff above? Well then you know that the promotion started as of March 1 so you get to go directly to step 3 and get your gift card without further ado. How do you like them apples? 🙂