<Updated on October 14, 2016 with links below to Ignite session recording, slides, and sample PowerShell scripts.>
Below is a rough outline & some of the resources that I will be referring to as part of my “Learn best practices for managing and administering SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business” session and demonstrations at the Microsoft Ignite Conference on Wednesday afternoon, September 28, 2016.
My session will be mostly all live demo and will include a detailed review of the items below plus other features that are not publicly released yet.
Also, this session will build upon some of the material that I presented at prior SharePoint Conference; TechEd; & Ignite events. Please check out those session recordings on Channel 9 if you want to see topics that I covered previously related to general SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business administration capabilities.
See you at Ignite!
Rough Session Outline
- Office 365 Admin Primer: Brief discussion around Office 365 architecture; identity management; service health; managing updates in the service; & the Security & Compliance Center.
- SharePoint Online Admin 101: Quick orientation & review of managing SharePoint Online via the admin experience & PowerShell.
- Solutions to Common Scenarios & Questions: This will be the bulk of the session where we will go through 5 of the most common topics that I regularly review with large customers in my role as a Collaboration Solution Architect at the Microsoft Technology Center. These scenarios include thoroughly answering & demonstrating how to:
- Control external sharing
- Restrict access to approved devices & users
- Prevent accidental information leakage
- Report on & audit user activity
- Manage employee termination & content retention
Resources Being Referred to During My Session Will Include
- Controlling Access to Office 365 & Protecting Content on Devices
- OneDrive for Business user profile deletion process
- SharePoint Online PowerShell commands including Set-SPOTenant, Set-SPOTenantSyncClientRestriction
- Microsoft IT examples for monitoring & protecting sensitive data in Office 365
- Office 365 management API
- Controlling external sharing settings (e.g. for non-owners)
- Conditional access
- Per app MFA & network location policies
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) client access policies
- New SharePoint Online capabilities & quotas
- SharePoint Online limit & boundary updates
- Office 365 hybrid scenarios
- Office 365 development & SharePoint patterns & practices
- Microsoft Trust Center
- Office 365 Service Descriptions
- Fast Track
- Microsoft Tech Community
Post Ignite Session Resources