Building upon the tremendously successful SharePoint Saturday Boston and MA SharePoint user groups, we continue to work with our Partners and the Northeast Developer & Platform Evangelists (Chris Bowen, Jim O’Neil and Dan Stolts) to provide more SharePoint related community events. Below is a summary and update on some of the current, and planned, activities in the New England and Upstate NY areas.
Boston, MA Area
- SharePoint Saturday Boston – SharePoint Saturday Boston #5 on April 28, 2012 was a huge success. The slides from the last event are being posted. Planning is already underway for SharePoint Saturday Boston #6 – scheduled for April 2013.
- SharePoint Saturday Boston webinar series – This is a new spin on the popular SharePoint Saturday events. Missed the 3rd SharePoint Saturday Boston? Couldn’t make all of the sessions you wanted to attend? You’re in luck! A series of free webinars has been done where the original presenters delivered and recorded their content. Keep an eye on the SharePoint Saturday Boston site for more information and updates. I presented my “Driving SharePoint 2010 End User Adoption” session on Monday, November 15, 2010.
- Boston area SharePoint user group – This user group typically meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month in Cambridge, MA. They are also alternating meetings in Waltham, MA. I had the privilege of presenting at the first meeting in May 2010.
- New England SharePoint user group – This group meets on the last Tuesday of each month in Waltham, MA and often features local speakers from Microsoft.
Hartford, CT Area
- SharePoint Saturday Hartford – The 1st SharePoint Saturday Hartford was on Saturday, January 29, 2011.
- Hartford area SharePoint user group – The 1st meeting is on Tuesday, September 13, 2011. Details are here.
- Fairfield County SharePoint user group – This group just relaunched in May 2011 and will meet on the second Wednesday of each month.
Rochester, NY Area
- Rochester area SharePoint user group – This SharePoint user group meets in Rochester, NY on the 2nd Thursday of each month. I am honored to have presented an overview of SharePoint 2010 at the 1st meeting on Thursday, November 11, 2010.
Manchester, NH Area
- Granite State NH SharePoint user group – The NH SharePoint user group will meet monthly in Nashua. I will be presenting an introduction to SharePoint 2010 during the 1st meeting on Wednesday, May 11, 2011.
- SharePoint Saturday New Hampshire – The 2nd SharePoint Saturday New Hampshire is scheduled for Saturday, September 22, 2012 in Manchester.
Northern VT Area
- Northern VT SharePoint user group – Group just started meeting in March 2012. I am presenting a session on driving SharePoint adoption at the April 2012 meeting.
Providence, RI Area
- Rhode Island SharePoint user group – This group is launching in August 2012. I will be presenting on SharePoint governance at the October 2012 meeting.
I’ll continue to post updates on these events on this blog and via Twitter and look forward to seeing many of you there!