Do you get one of these errors when you try to install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2013, or Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium?
Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Try going online for additional help.
Something went wrong. We ran into a problem, please try installing Office again or Something went wrong. Office can’t do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again
You could be seeing these errors if a second installation of Office was started before the first installation was finished or if you restarted your computer before the installation was finished.
To resolve this issue, try the steps bellow:
1. Clean any component of Office 2013 from previous attempts by running again fix it : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501
2. Please use Office Deployment Tool (ODT) to download and install O365.
To do that follow the steps bellow:
1. Log on to your machine and accessed this link: Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run
2. On the (c:\) drive create the folder called “Office15” and download Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run (ODT) in this folder it will contain 1 setup (.EXE) and 1 configuration file (.XML)
3. Double click the file “officedeploymenttool.exe” and unpack it in the exact same location ( Local Disk (C:) -> Office15 )
4. Open the file called “configuration.xml” in notepad
5. The initial configuration.xml file looks like this and the yellow highlighted content is what you should remove from it. As “SourcePath” set the same location.
Note that SourcePath (which is optional) indicates the location to save the Click-to-Run source when you run the Office Deployment Tool in download mode.
If you do not specify SourcePath, Setup will attempt to create an \Office\Data\… folder structure in the working directory from which you are running setup.exe.
- Please save the configuration file overwriting the old one. Open a command prompt (As Administrator) window and run the following command (”C:\Office 15\setup.exe” /download ”C:\Office 15\Configuration.xml”) as seen in the screenshot:
- Once Office has been downloaded you will see the following
- In the Office 15 folder you will see the following now
In order to install this source you will have to run now the exact same command but instead of the “/download” parameter you will use the “/configure” parameter.
(”C:\Office 15\setup.exe” /configure ”C:\Office 15\Configuration.xml”) Depending on the access you might see the UAC prompt:
You can run the configure command also in a new windows which was opened via Run as Admin. At the end you will see the following message in Command Prompt: