Microsoft published beta of the Office 15 (now known as 2013) on summer of 2012. It’s a powerful service that helps you unleash
your best ideas, get things done and stay connected on the go. Simply sign in for a personalized experience and all the most up-to-date Office applications,
with new and enhanced features continually being added. Let’s go and check some of the major differences in new Wave 15.
Some things to check out:
- Metro interface
- FOPE console is integrated into the main Exchange Online Control Panel (ECP)
- There are now two types of resource mailboxes: room & equipment
- Shared mailboxes can be created via the ECP
- Public folders are here!
- Active Directory Rights Management is baked into the core
- Free/Busy sharing with external organization’s and users can be controlled via ECP (no more PowerShell)
- Lync Online supports organizational based customizations (eg. logo, help & legal information, footer text)
- Office on Demand integrated with SharePoint
- Online – stream applications!
- SharePoint Online now supports apps
- More control over search in SharePoint Online
- SkyDrive integration (more to come on this)
Be in tune for the next post...