MICROSOFT CANADA iNC.
Webinar giveaway Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence at the time of entry. You are not eligible if you are: (a) an employee or contingent staff of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. (together, “Microsoft” or “Sponsors”), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest; or, (b) a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or common law partner regardless of where they live. In addition, Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The contest will begin at 12:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 27th, 2018 and end at 11:59:59pm ET on December 20th, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, attend a Microsoft Webinar (“Webinar”) during the Contest Period. After the Webinar is finished, you will be prompted to complete a post webinar survey (“Survey”). Complete the Survey by entering the required information. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Microsoft takes no responsibility for illegible, incomplete, lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries, which will be void. Limit: One (1) entry per Webinar, per person and email address throughout the Contest Period regardless of entry method. Any use of automated devices is prohibited.
- PRIZES: There are 36 prizes available to be won, three (3) per Webinar, each consisting of Microsoft Branded Laptop Bag. Approximate value: $70. Any costs or expenses not specifically identified here as included are the responsibility of the winner.
- Limit: one (1) prize per person. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, whether in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Prize will only be delivered to the verified winners. Please allow six (6) weeks for delivery. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or around January 3rd, 2019 a random draw will be conducted from the total number of entries received from each Webinar. Selected entrant(s) will be notified by email or phone within 14 business days of the draw. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received from each Webinar. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, the time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question on the Survey, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time. If the selected entrant did not answer the skill-testing question correctly, cannot be reached by telephone within 5 business days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
- RELEASES: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies,, the affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, should you be a winner, the Prize. Before being declared a winner, you will be required to sign, and return within the time stipulated in the documents, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting the prize, the winner consents to the use of their name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation. The personal information collected in connection with the administration of this contest will be managed in accordance with Microsoft’s privacy statement which is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the release provided in Paragraph 5 above, and for greater certainty, Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsors for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, suspend or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification from this Contest and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors. All decisions of Sponsors and the contest judging organization, as the case may be, are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
- Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors, any individual that they find or believe to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- PRECEDENCE: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Ó2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.