At my house, summer months are very busy. The kids are home, my wife is at home (she’s a teacher) so I tend to hide in my office with the door shut so I can get work done. It’s busy at home but in a lot of IT shops, things slow down a bit. With the majority of Canadian IT pros taking one, two or more weeks of vacation it can feel like some projects slow down to a crawl.
Why not take that time to invest in yourselves?
Complete that certification you’ve been considering. Learn how to harness that new technology you’ve been reading about. Both you and your organization will benefit from it. You will gain new skills and experiences. The business will gain efficiencies. Everyone wins.
You’re the only one that can make the time for yourself. Some of my friends in the industry keep telling me that they’re too busy, they don't have the resources to learn, they don't know where to start.
I call B.S…
All you need is the will. The resources are here for you to use.
- Use the #CANITPRO Step-By-Step series to build your skills
- Download and install Windows Server 2012in your lab to complete the provided exercises.
Alternatively labs can also be completed in a virtual lab scenario by downloading and installing Hyper-V Server 2012.
We are also standing by to assist. We’re continuing the step-by-step series. We want to hear what you need. Tell us which of the following would you like to see us dive deeper into?
- Configure server roles and features
- which role? Which feature?
- Configure Hyper-V
- the networking, the storage, the replication, …
- Deploy and configure core network services
- Install and administer Active Directory
- Create and manage Group Policy
- Deploy, manage, and maintain servers
- Configure file and print services
- Configure network services and access
- Configure a Network Policy Server infrastructure
We’re willing to go where you needs us to… Just leave a comment, or email us at CDN-ITPro-Feedback@microsoft.com
Have a great weekend.