MSDN Channel Nine has recently released a short video touching on the deployment and management of Windows 8 utilizing System Center ConfigMgr 2012 SP1. My fellow Technical Evangelist, Kevin Remde, sat down with the Sr. Technical Product Manager for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, Martin Booth, to chat about Windows 8 operating system deployment, application deployment, endpoint protection, managing/leveraging Windows 8 features like BitLocker pre-provisioning, and Windows ToGo support. In this video, Martin also discusses about the advantages of utilizing ConfigMgr 2102 over its predecessor in terms of managing Windows 8.
Points of interest during the conversation include:
- 2:11 – What is System Center Configuration Manager and what can it do for business IT?
- 3:00 Why is SP1 important for System Center 2012 and ultimately Windows 8?
- 3:55 Can Configuration Manager handle Windows 8 application deployment?
- 5:28 How does Endpoint Protection work for Windows 8?
- 7:40 What are my options for deploying and managing Windows 8 with Configuration Manager 2007?
- 9:13 What are some of the new features in Windows 8, that System Center 2012 SP1 Configuration Manager can help with?
Microsoft provides a plethora of resources helping IT professionals properly test and utilize System Center 2102 SP1 within your own environment.
To add, should the ability not be present to test System Center 2012 in lab, head over to our previous post entitled Step-by-Step: Building a FREE System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Lab enabling IT professionals to utilize the cloud to conduct testing free for 90 days