Mobility has become a game changer in terms of always having access to information most important to you. Organizations are capitalizing on that trend to ensure its employees are always connected to the latest information to stay one step ahead of the competition. As of late, trends like BYOD or the Consumerization of IT have started to change the perspective as to how day to day activities are conducted or completed. While this trend predominantly affects the business community, aspects of cloud utilization is now starting to become norm in people’s personal life.
Microsoft’s launch of Office 365 Home Premium addresses this trend and allows households gain access to Office from pretty much any connected device. Microsoft also allows the ability to install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs should a traditional install be required. There are differences between the business and home offerings of Office 365, however the features provided for Office 365 premium are such to allow families to better collaborate, stay organized and communicate freely over many available access points.
Office 365 Home Premium allows families to:
- Sign in with Microsoft Account to tailor your experience in the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access
- Store, edit and share your documents online with an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage
- Use Office on Demand when you’re away to stream full versions of Office programs to any PC
- Share documents and edits more easily with family members
- Get the whole family organized with Outlook email, scheduling, and task-list tools
- Capture, plan, and share notes and information with OneNote
- Utilize 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 40+ countries
Office 365 still remains as a great option for businesses, with plans designed for companies of all sizes, from individual consultants to enterprises. Extending familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint allowing your family to create, communicate and work together even more efficiently from virtually anywhere allows for that additional benefit of Office 365 be experienced at home.
Check it out today via Microsoft’s free 30 day trial.
(Written and published by Anthony Bartolo)