We recently announced the release of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 8.0.
The MAP Toolkit makes it easy to assess your current IT infrastructure for a variety of technology migration projects. This Solution Accelerator provides a powerful inventory, assessment, and reporting tool to simplify the migration planning process. In this version of the MAP Toolkit, there has been numerous improvements to improve overall usability, to help you accelerate your migration to Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows Azure Virtual Machine, Office 2013, and Office 365.
MAP is an agentless, automated, multi-product planning and assessment tool for quicker and easier desktop, server and cloud migrations. MAP provides detailed readiness assessment reports and executive proposals with extensive hardware and software information, and actionable recommendations to help organizations accelerate their IT infrastructure planning process, and gather more detail on assets that reside within their current environment. MAP also provides server utilization data for Hyper-V server virtualization planning; identifying server placements, and performing virtualization candidate assessments, including ROI analysis for server consolidation with Hyper-V.
Key features and benefits of MAP 8.0:
- Determine readiness for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
- Assess environment for Office 2013.
- Plan migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
- Track Lync Enterprise/Plus usage.
MAP Toolkit 8.0 adds following four new scenarios to help you plan your IT future while supporting your current business needs
- New! Windows 8 and Windows 7 Migration
- New! Windows Server 2012 Migration
- New! Server Consolidation with Hyper-V
- New! Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Capacity Planning
- For how-to videos and case studies, visit the Microsoft TechNet Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit webpage.
- To interact with other members of the MAP community, learn more about the tool, and get help with questions, visit the MAP Community Forum on TechNet.
- To send feedback or suggestions for improving the MAP Toolkit, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about how to install the MAP Toolkit, including details about prerequisites, download and refer to the Release Notes.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about the MAP Toolkit, see the MAP Toolkit Frequently Asked Questions
- The MAP blog http://blogs.technet.com/mapblog/
- Training Kit with Sample Database can be found here
IMPORTANT: MAP Toolkit 8.0 does not support database upgrades from previous versions of the toolkit.
Hoe this helps!