This is the season of new classes and teachers, of harvest and giving thanks, of ghosts and goblins and witches. The days are getting shorter and your To Do list is getting longer in the lead-up to Christmas. In the midst of all the craziness, I invite you to take a few minutes, have a seat in front of your computer and do something just for you. And because we know it’s a busy time of year, we’ve added an incentive.
Windows Server 2012 represents a significant change in the Windows Server platform and even if your organization isn’t thinking of upgrading yet, chances are they will. It’s worth the time to take a look at it now so that you’re ready to go and can be the IT hero by making recommendations to put your organization in the best possible position to take advantage of the changes that are coming. Some of the Windows Server 2012 goodness includes:
- The ability to live migrate your virtualized servers between hosts that have no shared storage
- Software enabled NIC teaming built right in, allowing network adapters from different manufacturers to be teamed together
- Support for virtual storage through Storage Spaces and storage pools, enabling you to group industry-standard disks into storage pools and then create storage spaces from the available pool capacity
- Dynamic Access Control to define central file access policies at the domain level that apply to every file server in that domain
…and much, much more. But if that isn’t motivation enough to start learning about Windows Server 2012, once you’ve downloaded an evaluation copy, we’d like to send you a $10 Tim Horton’s gift card! Yup, that’s right, not only do you get the benefit of being up on the latest server OS from Microsoft, but you’ll get a coffee to help stimulate more of those smart brain cells as well.
Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Go to this link and sign in using your Microsoft account/Live ID.
Step 2: Confirm your shipping details (so we can send you the card), plus any other info you want to update.
Step 3: When the page comes up, download the WS2012 evaluation.
Yes, the offer is valid and available to all Canadian residents*, including those in Quebec. So don’t delay, because our Tim’s card stash is limited and once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Terms and Conditions
* Offer good only in Canada to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in his/her province of residence. Offer runs from 12:01AM EST, September 24, 2012 until 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time, October 7, 2012, or when all the 1,100 gifts have been awarded. To participate in the offer, individuals will be required to download the Windows Server 2012 Evaluation located here:
Prior to downloading the product, users will be required to fill out a registration form that includes contact information. As part of the download process, users may also have to agree to a EULA (End User License Agreement). Any incomplete contact information may result in an inability to fulfill the offer.
Upon completing the registration and download, the first 1,100 eligible individuals will receive a $10 Tim Horton’s gift card. There will be a limit of one (1) gift per person. The gift card will be shipped to the address provided in the registration form.
This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery of your gift. We reserve the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value.