Wow! When we announced the IT Virtualization Boot Camps in the TechNet eNewsletter last week, the response from you has been overwhelming. Many of you emailed me saying you wanted an IT Virtualization Boot Camp in your city. The folks on the West Coast, were especially vocal.
IT Virtualization Boot Camps are brought to you by your local user group and Microsoft TechDays Canada.
he IT Virtualization Boot Camp provides a fun and collaborative environment where you will get hands-on experience to:
- Prepare your Windows Server-based computer for virtualization
- Configure an iSCSI storage server
- Create a Windows Failover Cluster
- Make Hyper-V virtual machines highly available and using Live Migration to move running workloads between hosts with no loss in client connectivity
- Integrate non-Microsoft-based virtual machines into your cluster
- See how Windows Failover Clustering can help to make dealing with hardware failure easier
The cost to attend an IT Virtualization Boot Camp is $25 with proceeds going to your local user group. This means that not only are you getting 6 hours of hands-on experience with Hyper-V, iSCSI, Windows Failover Clustering, and more – you’re also helping your user group to support you and your peers with ongoing activities.
Tentatively we are also planning to hold IT Virtualization Boot Camps in Ottawa on February 17 & 18, as well as in Calgary on March 11 & 12 and will provide more details and registration links once available. If you are interested in having an IT Virtualization Boot Camp take place in your area, contact your local user group, leave a comment on the blog, or send me and email using the link above.