TechDays 2011 in Toronto featured a myriad of sessions on Communications and Collaboration technologies featuring Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft Lync, and Office 365. You learned about how to extend your Exchange infrastructure into the Cloud, the important role SharePoint plays in a the Microsoft business intelligence platform, how to effectively do web conferencing using Lync, as well as how to extend your SharePoint infrastructure beyond your four walls to your business partners or integrate Office 365 with it. Hopefully you left each session understanding all the concepts and knowing exactly what you needed to do in order to implement the technologies in your organization.
Below you’ll find all of the resources mentioned in each of the sessions so that you can continue your learning today (rather than having to wait until the sessions are available on TechDays Online in early December):
Highlighted in all sessions:
- Office 365 Free 30-Day Trial – Want to to give Office 365 a try? This is the place you can go to sign up for a free 30-day trial account and play with it to see how it can work in your organization.
- SharePoint TechCenter on TechNet – If you are a SharePoint administrator, this is the best place to get information on implementing and managing your SharePoint environment.
- SharePoint Developer Center on MSDN – For those of you who develop SharePoint-based applications, this is the place to learn best practices and tips and tricks.
- Exchange TechCenter on TechNet – Great site for Exchange admins to learn about all aspects of implementing and managing Exchange Server.
- Lync Server TechCenter on TechNet – Many folks indicated that they are interested in learning more about Lync. This is a great place to get started.
Resources for individual sessions
- SharePoint 2010 Product site
- Microsoft Business Intelligence site
- Microsoft Business Intelligence team blog
- Microsoft PerformancePoint team blog
CLB272 - Practical Tips for SharePoint Governance
- Governance in SharePoint 2010 on TechNet
CLB277 - Why SharePoint Data Protection is not as Easy as it Looks
- SharePoint Data Protection
- SharePoint Capacity Planning
- SharePoint Content Database Sizing
- AvePoint Tools for SharePoint Management
- Sag Baruss’ Blog
CLB301 - Microsoft Lync 2010: Audio, Video and Web Conferencing Architecture and Experience
CLB311 - Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office 365: How to Set Up a Hybrid Deployment
- Exchange On-Premise and Online Deployment Options Whitepaper
- Microsoft Exchange Team Blog
- Exchange Server Deployment Assistant
CLB376 - Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint 2010, On-Premise and in the Cloud
- Upgrade and Migration for SharePoint Server 2010 Resource Centres
- Upgrade best practices (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Use a trial upgrade to find potential issues (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Hardware and software requirements (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Determine how to handle customizations
- SharePoint 2010 Virtualization Guidance and Recommendations
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition and SharePoint Server 2010 Better Together
- SQL Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 Products: Better Together
- Capacity management and sizing for SharePoint Server 2010
- Performance and capacity technical case studies
- Performance and capacity test results and recommendations
- Storage and SQL Server capacity planning and configuration
- Analyzing Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Usage
CLB379 - SharePoint 2010 Extranets and Authentication
- Peter Carson’s Blog
- Steve Peshka’s Configuring SharePoint 2010 and ADFS v2 End to End
- Hiran Salvi's Configuring Windows Live ID as Trusted Identity Provider for SharePoint 2010
Looking ahead to TechDays Vancouver
Stay tuned to next week’s post where I’ll go over what the Communication and Collaboration track has in store for you at TechDays Vancouver! If you haven’t yet registered for TechDays Vancouver (or Montreal, for that matter), there’s still time to register.